Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel
an der Universität Potsdam
Tel: +49 0331/5509-222
Fax: +49 0331/5509-325
Mobil: +49 176 10010727
Internet-Bridge: HPI - BJUT China
This project is a cooperative E-learning/Tele-teaching project between the "Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik (HPI) of University of Potsdam and College of Computer Science and Technology of the Beijing University of Technology. The teaching cooperation between Potsdam and Beijing was led by Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel and formally launched on 26th September 2005. The first day's lecture of the Internet-Bridge Potsdam-Beijing is "Internet Security" given by Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel at HPI, Potsdam. This lecture has proved to be a great success start of this project. Supported by a sophisticated Tele-teaching/e-learning technique, nearly fifty Chinese IT students in Beijing have been able to synchronously joined the lecture with German students over the Internet.
- 25.02.2013: Prof. Meinel is granted by BJUT the "Honorary Professor" title. A ceremony followed by a scientific talk, entitled as "Web-University – Theory and Practice for Applying Advanced Knowledge Engineering Technologies in e-Learning" takes place in the afternoon at BJUT. Here are the news from HPI and BJUT.
- 18.02.2013: The tele-lecture "Internet Security: Weakness and Targets" for the summer semester 2013 starts today. We are happy to announce all the lecture recordings will be available in parallel on tele-task.de (Germany, link) and live-show.cn (China, link).
- 02.12.2012: www.openhpi.cn is now online available on which users, especially users from mainland China, can enjoy lightweight and instant experiences of learning on openHPI platform . Meanwhile, there is a Chinese version of openhpi.de available where all openhpi.de registered users can smoothly switch to the Chinese interface of openHPI.
- 25.10.2012: We will celebrate the 10 Years’ Anniversary of our joint Project “Internet-Bridge: Germany and China” together with Dr. Guido WESTERWELLE (German Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs), Prof. Dr.GUO Guangsheng (President, BJUT) and his delegation, and many other guests.
- 14.9.2012: Our funding application for the "2. Sino-German Workshop on Cloud based High Performance Computing" (C-HPC'12) has been approved by the Chinesisch-Deutsche Zentrum für Wissenschaftsförderung (CDZ, Sino-German Center for Science Foundation, a joint center of DFG & NSFC). The C-HPC'12 will be held on 21.-25. 10. 2012 in Potsdam, Germany.
- More News ...
"Internet Security - Weaknesses and Targets" is based on "Internet- & WWW-Technologies" and gives a detailed introduction on problems concerning Internet and Intranet security. After starting with some remarks on risk analysis and computer crimes, security weaknesses and targets are discussed in detail. Beside others the following topics are discussed in detail: human factor and technical failures, attacks on accounts and passwords, attacks on Internet protocol, misuse of design and programming errors, weaknesses in common operating systems, targets in the WWW, and viruses. The lecture course concludes with a discussion about the possibilities to detect attacks and intrusions and also describes ethical issuses.
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel (HPI&BJUT)
- Tutors: Dr. Feng Cheng (HPI) and Dr. Lijuan Duan (BJUT)
- Lecture Pages: HPI, live-show (China), and tele-TASK (Germany).
Summer 2013 | Detailed View
This tele-lecture started from the winter semester 2002. Now it is the 11th time transmission. Hundreds of master students at CS-School of BJUT have successfully participated in our lecture. More information can be found here.
- JUNGE.Karriere: Teleteaching aus Potsdam Lernen für Olympia 01.11.2007
(...)Warum sich die Zahl seiner Studenten in China mit einem Schlag auf 100 verdreifachte, erfuhr Christoph Meinel erst nach un nach:"Wer in Peking meine Vorlesung hört, hofft darauf, beim olympischen Vorbereitungskomitee für IT-Sicherheit mitzuarbeiten", (...)
(...)Vor fünf Jahren ging die Internet-Brücke an den start.(...)
- WELT ONLINE: IT und Wirtschaft Hand in Hand 30.09.2007
(...)Für das Jahr 2007 kündigt HPI-Direktor Christoph Meinel eine stärkere Zusammenarbeit mit China an (...)
(...)Vor fünf Jahren nahmen Informatikstudenten in China erstmals an english gehaltenen Internet-Vorlesungen aus Deutschland teil(...)
- Auswärtiges Amt - China: Partner für eine vorausschauende Außenpolitik 19.09.2007
(...)Ein weiteres Jubiäum: Vor genau fünf Jahren nahmen erstmals chinesische Informatikstudenten an Online-Vorlesungen teil, die im Rahmen der "Internet Brücke" von Deutschland aus gesendet werden.(...)
(...)Das Projekt "Internet-Brücke" (internet bridge) ist ein kooperatives E-learning/Tele-teaching Projekt zwischen dem HPI der Universität Potsdam und dem College of Computer Science and Technology der Beijing University of Technology.(...)
- More Press ...
- Current Members:
- Dr. Sebastian Roschke (now with Google, USA)
- Dr. Long Wang(now with Nokia, DE)
- Dr. Ji Hu (now with SAP Research, DE)
- Dr. Chungyan Jiang (now with GE Healthcare, DE)
- Dr. Wanjun Huang (now with Ericsson, DE)
- Dr. Tongbo Chen (now with Apple, USA)
- Dr. Mingchao Ma(now with IBM, UK)
- Diplom. Inf. Volker Schillings (now with Ministry of the Interior Niedersachsen, DE)
- Diplom. Wirt. Inf. Dirk Cordel (now with BearingPoint, DE)
- Dr. Lichun Wang (BJUT, CN, visited at HPI in June-July, 2009)
- Dr. Yong Zhang (BJUT, CN, visite at HPI in June-September, 2011)
Internet-Bridge Potsdam-Beijing is the extension of the former cooperation project, Internet Bridge Trier-Beijing, between University of Trier and Beijing University of Technology from October 2002. The Internet-Bridge Potsdam-Beijing will be a regular and long term collaborative activity in the computer science education fields between Germany and China. Also, in the framework of the Internet-Bridge Potsdam-Beijing, two groups of Chinese students have been studied at HPI for a doctoral degree since October 2001.
On 8-19.09.2007, we celebrated at HPI the five years' anniversary of our project: More information on the offcial celebration
The technique used for recording the lectures and transmitting them over the Internet is the tele-TASK technology which was developed at HPI. The lecture courses will end with an oral examination at HPI for German students at HPI and for Chinese students in Beijing.
Other Links to
... our Research:
Security Tech - Knowledge Tech - Design Thinking - former
... our Teaching:
Tele-Lectures - MOOCs - Labs - Systems
... our Publications:
Books - Journals - Conference-Papers - Patents
... our Annual Reports