Prof. Dr. Felix Naumann
D-14482 Potsdam, Germany
Datenbank-Spektrum Article Accepted
Special Issue on RDF Data Management (German Database Forum)
Paper accepted at SSDBM 2013
25th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM), July...
Data Profiling Revisited: Article accepted for SIGMOD Record
Felix Naumann. Data Profiling Revisited. SIGMOD Record (to appear), 2013. Data...
Paper accepted at MSND workshop @ WWW 2013
Analyzing and Predicting Viral Tweets Maximilian Jenders, Gjergji Kasneci, and Felix...
Runner Up for Best Paper Award at BTW 2013
The submission "Duplicate Detection on GPUs" by Benedikt Forchhammer, Thorsten...
Article accepted at Information Systems Journal (IS)
Cost-Aware Query Planning for Similarity Search Dustin Lange and Felix...
Paper and demo accepted at BTW Conference
15th BTW conference on "Database Systems for Business, Technology, and Web" (BTW 2013)...
Felix Naumann gives keynote talk at ICIQ 2012
On November 17 Felix Naumann talked about "The Quality of Web Data" at the 2012...
Article accepted at Information Systems Journal (IS)
Cross-lingual Entity Matching and Infobox Alignment in Wikipedia Daniel Rinser, Dustin Lange, and...
Dr. Gjergji Kasneci
Senior Researcher in Information Systems
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik
Prof.-Dr.-Helmert Str. 2-3, 14482 Potsdam
Phone: +49 331 5509 178
- Thursdays: 14:00 -15:00 or by appointment
- Knowledge Engineering
- Web Mining
- Probabilistic Reasoning
Supervised Master's Theses
- Analyzing and Predicting Viral Tweets (Maximilian Jenders, Potsdam 2012)
- Enkelejda Tafaj, Thomas Kübler, Gjergji Kasneci, Wolfgang Rosenstiel, Martin Bogdan: Online Classiﬁcation of Eye Tracking Data for Automated Detection of Traffic Hazard Perception. ICANN 2013
- Simon Lacoste-Julien, Konstantina Palla, Alex Davies, Gjergji Kasneci, Thore Graepel, Zoubin Ghahramani: SiGMa: Simple Greedy Matching for Aligning Large Knowledge Bases. KDD 2013
- Maximilian Jenders, Gjergji Kasneci, Felix Naumann: Analyzing and Predicting Viral Tweets. MSND@WWW 2013
- Gjergji Kasneci: Reasoning about Knowledge from the Web, Extended Abstract. Overview of invited talk at ICWE wrokshop, QWE 2012.
- Michal Kosinski, Yoram Bachrach, Gjergji Kasneci, Jurgen Van Gael, Thore Graepel: Measuring the Intelligence of Crowdsourcing Platforms. Nominated for Best Paper at Web Science 2012.
- Enkelejda Tafaj, Gjergji Kasneci, Wolfgang Rosenstiel, Martin Bogdan: Bayesian Online Clustering of Eye-Tracking Data. ETRA 2012.
- Yoram Bachrach, Thore Graepel, Gjergji Kasneci, Michal Kosinski, Jurgen Van Gael: Crowd IQ - Aggregating Opinions to Boost Performance. AAMAS 2012.
- Weiwei Cheng, Gjergji Kasneci, Thore Graepel, David H. Stern, Ralf Herbrich: Automated Feature Generation from Structured Knowledge. CIKM 2011, p:1395-1404.
- Gjergji Kasneci, Jurgen Van Gael, David H. Stern, Thore Graepel: CoBayes: Bayesian Knowledge Corroboration with Assessors of Unknown Areas of Expertise. WSDM 2011, p:465-474.
Recent Professional Activities
- 2012: Reviewer for the Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme
- 2011: Committee member of WWW 2012
- 2011: Committee member of EDBT 2012
- 2011: Reviewer for the IEEE Transactions on Knowledge & Data Engineering (TKDE)
- 2011: Reviewer for the Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme
- 2010: Committee member of EDBT 2011
- 2010: Reviewer for the IEEE Transactions on Knowledge & Data Engineering (TKDE)
- 2010: Panel member for the ECIR Industry Day 2010, on leveraging semantics for better search experience
- 2010: Organizer of reading group on Information Extraction and Semantic Technologies at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK, (12 weeks)
Presentations and Invited Talks
- 2013: Invited talk at the Max-Planck Institute for Informatics, Saarbrücken: Knowledge Corroboration with Logical Rules and User Feedback
- 2013: Invited talk at the Institute of Computer Science, Humboldt University, Berlin: Scalable Reasoning with Knowledge from the Web
- 2012: Invited talk at the 3rd International Workshop on Quality in Web Engineering (colocated with ICWE 2012)
- 2011: Invited talk at the Computing Laboratory of the University of Oxford: Knowledge from the Web: Understanding and Reasoning
- 2011: Invited talk at the Computer Science Department of the University of Washington: Bayesian Knowledge Corroboration with Logical Rules and User Feedback
- 2011: Lab Tutorial on large-scale information extraction, knowledge representation, and knowledge search at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK
- 2010: Invited talk at the Engineering Department of the University of Cambridge: Searching for Knowledge Instead of Web Pages
- 2010: TAB talk at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK: Bayesian Knowledge Corroboration, Learning from Crowds
- 2010: Invited talk at True Knowledge, Cambridge, UK: Searching for Knowledge Instead of Web Pages
- 2008: Invited talk at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK: The YAGO-NAGA Project: From Web Pages to Knowledge
- 2007: Invited talk at the Informatics Department of the University of Dortmund: The Complexity of Reasoning about Pattern-Based XML Schemas
Education & Professional Experience
- 2009 - 2011: Post-Doc Researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK
- 2009: 3-months internship with Microsoft Research Redmond, US
- 2006 - 2009: PhD student at the Max-Planck Institute for Informatics, Saarbrücken, Germany
- 2004: 3-months internship with Siemens Medical Solutions, Germany
- 2000 - 2005: Student of Computer Science and Math at the University of Marburg, Germany
Scholarships, Prizes & Awards
- 2011: Runner-Up for Best Poster Award at the 4th International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM 2011)
- 2010 - 2011: Grant of $130.000 by Microsoft Research for co-leading a research project on probabilistic inference and knowledge representation (with Prof. Zoubin Ghahramani)
- 2006 - 2009: Scholarship from e-fellows.net (private sector online scholarship, supported by Deutsche Telekom, McKinsey et al.)
- 2006 - 2009: Fellowship from the International Max Planck Research School for Computer Science (full funding of PhD studies)
- 2003 - 2006: Scholarship from the German National Academic Foundation (Deutche Studienstiftung)