This website hosts selected Squeak projects that have been developed in teaching and research activities at the Software Architecture Group, which is led by Prof. Dr. Robert Hirschfeld at the Hasso Plattner Insitute (University of Potsdam).
All content is made available under the MIT license unless specified differently, e.g., Creative Commons.
The source code is hosted on a SqueakSource installation at our site. Additionally, Metacello configurations are maintained to ensure a simple installation process.
Applications & Tools
chat about code by annotating it and exchanging the resulting markups
click & create Morphic user interfaces with ease
managing courses and providing for submission of deliverables
The Path Tools Framework
offers several new development tools for improving testing, debugging, and program comprehension
preserving immediate access to source code and run-time information of previous development states
Libraries & Extensions
good-looking user feedback for morphic applications
provides support for generating additional code at compile-time, in dependence of the annotated code
distributed object synchronization with optimistic updates
convenient, lightweight and thread-safe callbacks
nice Morphic controls with extended functionality
Library to create random or controlled program-modifications
Dictionary and thesaurus extension for Squeak
Documentation and Tutorials
Screencast tutorials that demonstrate the basic programming workflow and solutions to common problems in Squeak.
Interactive exercises teaching you basic and advanced features of Smalltalk.
Squeak FAQ (in German)
Frequently asked questions and frequently given answers about developing with Squeak.
This website is an instance of the Trac project management software, which provides for issue/bug tracking via tickets in particular.
For each project that is listed we defined a so-called component. This allows for associating tickets with projects, since every ticket is defined for a specific component.
Questions and Comments
In case you have questions about contents provided at this site, we would like to encourage you sending a message to our mailing list.
Bugs and Feature Requests
If you encounter a bug, unexpected behavior, of if you have an idea on how to improve the project, please consider creating a new ticket.
How to Contribute
In case you extend the code base or eliminate unwanted behavior, please consider contribuing your change. We recommend two ways:
- create a new ticket and attach your proposed changes (e.g., just a source code snippet) to that ticket
- submit the change directly to our inbox via Monticello
The inbox concept is used for development activities on the Squeak image and is described here
- squeaklogosmall.png (4.5 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- designer.png (22.0 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- codetalk.png (22.8 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- animations.png (3.9 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- widgets.png (8.6 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- signals.png (4.6 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- macros.png (3.4 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- squeak_screencast.png (18.1 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- koansLogoCropped.png (3.7 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- mutationEngine.png (3.0 KB ) - added by 11 years ago.
- dicThesaurusRex.png (31.2 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
) - added by 9 years ago.
- image-halos-2.jpg (22.1 KB ) - added by 9 years ago.
- pathtoolsSmall.png (21.7 KB ) - added by 9 years ago.
- coexistSmall.png (14.3 KB ) - added by 8 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip